Thursday, 6 November 2014

The Hummingbird Bakery Experience

Earlier this year I went on a little Easter break with my family to London.  The last time I visited London was when I was 5 years old, so imagine my excitement when I started making a list of all the places I wanted to visit.  And one of them was definitely The Hummingbird Bakery.  I couldn't go all the way to London and NOT go, could I?




Ever since I'd heard about this yummy American style cupcakery, I've been wanting to go.  And that, was a long long time ago.  I've read the recipe book and even baked their cupcakes AND tried doing their signature swirl.  Which I must admit was a total fail!  But at least they tasted great.  And now I had the chance to taste the real thing.




There are around 6 or so Hummingbird bakeries in London, and I visited the one in London's West Ends in Soho just near Oxford Street.  As soon as I stepped inside I felt like I was in cake wonderland.  There were rows and rows of colourful cupcakes each one topped with the signature Hummingbird swirl.  And plenty of flavours to choose from too.  Double chocolate to red velvet, plain vanilla, carrot cakes and so many more delicious delights.

And not forgetting to mention the smell.  Oh, the smell of freshly baked cakes.  So warm and inviting.  All you want to do is eat cake!

I chose the red velvet cupcake which was absolutley divine.  The cake was soft and moist and the cream cheese was just perfect, not too sweet, just right.  We also bought their vanilla cupcake and the double chocolate cupcake too.  Who could resist!?  Oh and a brownie too.  Naughty, I know.  But so worth it.






If you are ever anywhere near The Hummingbird Bakery, then I recommend you go and try out their bakes.  They also do cheesecakes, whoopie pies, brownies and more.  Although a little on the pricey side, it's still worth the treat because it's not everyday you get to eat cake.  Would I go again? Oh YEAH!!




LOVE HIJAB
email: lovehijab@live.co.uk
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comments. Love, love, love reading them! :)

© Love Hijab Girl

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig