Thursday, 25 December 2014

I completed Blogmas!

So I can finally say I completed blogmas.  I'm not gonna lie, it was HARD.  It definitely wasn't an easy task.  When I first decided that I would take part I wasn't quite sure what I was letting myself in for.  There were days when I thought I can't do this, or I didn't know what to write about.





For me the best time to blog is in the evening when it's all gone quiet and I have some time to myself.  You'd think that that's the perfect setting to be able to write a blog post or two.  Well, it is.  But only if you've planned out all your posts beforehand.  That was not the case for me.  I decided pretty much the night before that I was taking part in Blogmas.  Little did I know what was in store for me!  I hadn't planned anything! Nothing! No titles, no pictures, no ideas. Nothing!

So blogmas was pretty much blog as you go along.  I was trying to think of what I could blog about on the day I had to write the blog post out.  So as you can imagine, being winter it get's dark very quickly, which means picture taking can be a real problem.  So if I had decided to write about something I had to take a picture for, I had to be quick.  And rushed photos don't come out very nice so I had to be good too.

I also felt that I didn't want to post any old rubbish for the sake of posting something just because I was taking part in blogmas.  It had to mean something and I didn't want to feel like I was cheating.  At the start of blogmas I felt like I was doing well but as the days went on it got harder.  I was running out of ideas and the added pressure of not wanting to fail made it even more difficult.  During the last week I felt like I was just about hanging in there by a thread.  Honestly!

This was a really big challenge for me, and together with the fear of failure I was even more determined than ever to make sure I didn't miss a day.  And I'm glad to say I didn't!  Although blogmas is offically finished, I have given myself the challenge of blogging until the end of December.  Only I would do something like that!  So now I've got another 6 days to go.  Oh, why does december have 31 days?!

Although it's been hard, I have learnt so much about blogging and about myself too.  I've picked up so many tips and little bits here and there on how to do things.  Like for example making a blog button and making a custom permalink.  And so many more things I never knew before.  I've tried my hand at blogging before but I gave up, twice!  But this time round it's different.  I'm really enjoying it and I've worked so hard building my blog up that giving up is just out of the question.     

As for the new year, once my blogmas has OFFICIALLY finished on the 31st, I'm not sure how I'd like to carry on.  Should I post once a week or 2 times a week or more?  I'd love to hear what you think so feel free to let me know in the comments below.





           
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comments. Love, love, love reading them! :)

© Love Hijab Girl

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig