Thursday, 1 January 2015

The Dress Over Pants Look

One of the latest trends for this season is the Dress-Over-Pants look.  You may have noticed a lot of girls wearing this look for a long time.  As a Muslim, we are required to cover up so this is one look that many Muslim women wear everyday anyways.  But recently the runways have been filled with this 70's look and you may have even spotted Sarah Jessica Parker showing off this trend too.





So for todays post I thought I would show you my take on the Dress-Over-Pants trend.  If you've been reading my blog for a while, you may have noticed in my Winter Chic | 3 Styles From Topshop post that I did one of the styles in this trend.

I love this style because there are so many ways you can wear this look.  Casual or chic, any way you wear it, it always looks great.  The best thing about the Dress-Over-Pants look is that you can add layers, so in this weather its the perfect way to keep you feeling warm too. 




Geo Print Notch Overlay Dress | Topshop | £40.00
Cord And Mesh Collar | Topshop | £16.50
Jersey Leggings | H&M | £7.99
Suede Sandals | H&M | £69.99
Nars Dolce Vita Lipstick | Nars | £19.50





SHARE:

11 comments

  1. I've noticed this trend too; if anyone's gonna lead it it's SJP! Might have to try it out myself :)
    lily x
    www.jolihouse.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, she always manages to pull anything off! You should give a go, I think this style suits everyone. I'd love to see it on your blog. xx

      Delete
  2. I love this look! I think looks really good :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I think it's an amazing new trend x

      Delete
  3. I must have had my head under the sand because this trend had so far passed me by! I love this look though! The Topshop dress is beautiful. Lucy, aspectatorsport.com xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww I'm glad you like it. I love that deep green colour. The cut and style of the dress is stunning and goes well with the print too. xx

      Delete
  4. What a fantastic way to mix up your wardrobe! I love SJP, if there's ever a woman to follow when it comes to fashion then it's her. Also a great option for indecisive people like me, if I can't decide whether to wear a dress or trousers, I can just wear them both.

    Dominique x

    www.herfashionblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right! She always manages to look amazing. And yes definitely, you get the best of both worlds. I'd love to see you style this look on your blog x

      Delete
  5. The color of the dress from Top Shop is gorgeous! SJP pulled off the look so well. I am not sure if it would be something I feel I could pull off but if I paired the right pants with the right dress, I think it could work :) Definitely a fun way to switch things up! xx

    darcymae.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, I love that green shade. Try experimenting with different styles and you'll find one that will work for you. xx

      Delete
  6. Thanks For Sharing Loving Dress Blog, We Discover the latest hijab dress fashion and modest women's dresses online at Aljalabiya.com, with great prices and a return guarantee.





    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments. Love, love, love reading them! :)

© Love Hijab Girl

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig