Saturday, 28 February 2015

Recipe | The Hummingbird Bakery's Chocolate Brownie

I haven't made brownies in a long time and have been wanting to make them for a couple of days now.  So last week, on Sunday, I decided that since I was having a cosy day at home just relaxing, why not bake!  Whilst searching for a recipe I came across The Hummingbird Bakery Brownies recipe and remembered how chocolatey and gooey their brownies were when I went last year.  You can see all my pictures of the Hummingbird Bakery here.  I decided to give this recipe a go and I'm glad I did because they were chewy, chocolatey and very gooey indeed.  Just what you want in a brownie. 



Ingredients

  • 33 x 23 x 5 cm Baking Tray (lined with greaseproof paper)
  • 200 g Dark Chocolate
  • 175 g Unsalted Butter 
  • 325 g Caster Sugar
  • 130 g Plain Flour
  • 3 Eggs 
  • Icing Sugar (to decorate)

 

Method 

  1. Preheat the oven to gas mark 3.
  2. Melt the chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl over simmering water, making sure the water does not touch the bowl underneath.  Once melted it should be smooth.
  3. Remove from the heat and add the sugar until well incorporated.
  4. Add the flour and mix well.
  5. Add the eggs and mix until thick and smooth.
  6. Spoon the mixture into a lined baking tray and baked in the oven for 30-35 minutes until flaky on top and gooey in the middle.
  7. Once cool cut into squares and dust with icing sugar.

They are very simple to make and taste great too.  You can also add nuts or chocolate chunks if you like.

Let me know if you've been to The Hummingbird Bakery and tried their brownies, I would love to know what you thought.







SHARE:

2 comments

  1. These look amazing! I think I am going to have to give these a try x

    www.amuchprettierpuzzle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were so yummy, you'll love them :) x

      Delete

Thank you for your lovely comments. Love, love, love reading them! :)

© Love Hijab Girl

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig