Saturday, 6 June 2015

I found my abaya on Pinterest!

I'm so excited writing this post because the other day I came across my abaya on Pinterest!  Yes, MY abaya!  Eeeek!  I had one of them O. M. G moments!   If you're anything like me, I'm pretty sure you know exactly what I'm talking about. 

As usual, I was scrolling through all these amazing designs when one of them just so happened to look all too familiar.  I knew instantly it was the one I had bought a couple of years ago from a local boutique.  At the time I had no idea it was a designer piece, although I did spend quite a bit on it.  And look at it! It's gorgeous, isn't it?
 


As soon as I saw this abaya I knew, that's the one I was looking for.  I had mine customised with emerald green gem stones, which I think look absolutely stunning.  This abaya is one of my special pieces from my ever growing abaya collection.  I like to reserve these for special occasions.

Although I've already worn it a few times to weddings, the colour and work on the abaya hasn't faded or got damaged.  The fabric is also of very high quality which explains the hefty price tag.  (And it came all the way from Dubai, the home of the luxury abaya).  I think it has definitely been worth every penny.  It still looks as good as new!

I know it's not everyday you can spend so much on a piece of clothing, but on special occasions I don't mind spending a little bit extra on quality.  I'm going to get more wear out of it and it's going to last longer too.  The last thing you want is for the exquisite embroidery to unravel and the gems to fall off, because if that happens, then it's goodbye forever!  And I don't think I'm ready to say goodbye just yet.
    

If you're not very familiar with the abaya you're probably thinking, she keeps saying 'abaya' and hasn't explained what she's talking about!  I think maybe from the picture above, you'll have gathered what it is now.  And yes it's the long black dress we wear.  But you'll be surprised to know that the world of abaya fashion has changed so much.  They now come in many,  many beautiful styles and colours too.  Take a look at my post here to see more stunning pieces.  See, I told you so!

Have you every splashed you cash on something and it's been worth every penny?



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comments. Love, love, love reading them! :)

© Love Hijab Girl

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig