Sunday, 15 May 2016

Review | For Her Barbour Fragrance

I've always known about Barbour and every time I come across the brand I always picture their olive quilted mens jackets.  You know, the ones that remind you of the Great British Countryside.  But it wasn't until I watched Lily Pebbles' vlog on A Countryside Weekend that I got a real insight into what Barbour are all about.


Having learnt that the Barbour jackets are still handmade by skilled craftsmen here in the UK, it's no wonder they have not one, not two, but three Royal Warrants under their belt.

So when I was given the opportunity to review the Barbour For Her fragrance I knew it was going to be something special.  As soon as I opened the box the fragrance hit me straight away and I quite liked it.


I prefer the lighter fragrances as opposed to anything too strong, so this one ticked all the right boxes for me.  Barbour For Her is a beautiful fresh, floral scent with underlying sweet tones.  Perfect for this time of year. Once on the skin it blossoms into a lovely blend of rose, jasmine and blush peony.   

As with any fragrance, it's always a bonus when the bottle compliments the perfume, and the touch of rose gold works perfectly with Barbour's iconic quilted design etched on the bottle.


So, it's a yes for the perfume, and a yes for bottle.  But one of the most important things you look for in a perfume is how long it lasts.  You don't want to be topping up every few hours, so is it a yes for longevity?  YES!

Usually I would just spray the perfume on my clothes but for the purpose of this review I sprayed a little onto my wrist as well.  And I'm happy to say that the sweet, musky floral tones were still there at the end of the day too.    


If you're looking for the perfect summer fragrance, then Barbour For Her is the one.  Available exclusively at Selfridges at £40 for 50ml.

What's your favourite scent?  And if you've tried Barbour For Her, let me know what you think.

*In collaboration with Barbour




SHARE:

2 comments

  1. sounds really good!:)
    www.kmeetsstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a beautiful fragrance, definitely worth having in your collection x

      Delete

Thank you for your lovely comments. Love, love, love reading them! :)

© Love Hijab Girl

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig