Monday, 13 June 2016

My Hajj Experience Series | #1 Introduction

If you've been reading my blog, you'll know that I don't usually talk about my faith.  If I do, then it's usually fashion related.  Even then, it's not in depth, it's just fashion.  So this is a completely different kind of post for my blog.  I've been thinking about doing it for a while now and so I finally decided to go for it.  I have so much to say and talk about Hajj that I thought it would be a good idea to share my experience, tips and advice with you.


Alhumdulillah, I've been lucky enough to be able to visit five times.  I've been for Umrah in Ramadan twice and Hajj when I was 10, then in my twenties and pretty recently about 4 years ago.  I took my then 3 year old daughter for Hajj and I have to say it was the best experience ever.  Hajj was not difficult having her with us at all.  I'm so glad she came because it made the whole experience all the more memorable.

Each time I've been to the blessed land, I've always come back with something.  I have learnt so much more every single time I have returned from my journey and I can't wait to share it with you too.

Because I have so much to say, I'm going to split My Hajj Experience Series into parts (there are 18 parts).  That way it will be a lot more easier for you to read and take all the information in as well.

Bear in mind that this will not be a replacement for all the books regarding Hajj.  In this series I won't be explaining in full detail about what you will need to do on each day so it would be a good idea to read those books and any other information that you can gather.  I think it may be a good idea to read up a little about this sacred journey before you read my Hajj series so that everything will make a lot more sense to you.

A book that I highly recommend for women is A Womans Guide To Hajj And Umrah by Mufti Muhammad Faruq.  This book explains everything you need to know about Hajj especially regarding any personal questions you may have.  Everything is explained in detail and is easy to understand too.


Having said that, I will touch on a few rituals as we go along.

For those of you who are lucky enough to be going for this amazing journey, you are truly blessed Mashallah.  You have been invited by the Almighty and I'm so happy that you are about to experience the most beautiful and sacred journey of a lifetime.  Although I have been for Hajj and Umrah, I would love to go again and I guarantee you'll be saying the same when you get back.  I am longingly waiting for my invitation and I hope to receive it soon Inshallah.

Before I begin let me just clarify that I performed Hajj E Tamattu, as there are 3 types.  There's no difference in how you perform each one though because it's all about the intention.  You'll find more information in the Hajj books regarding all the rulings on this.

If you have any questions feel free to ask me in the comments below and I'll be more than happy to get back you.

Here are all the posts in My Hajj Experience Series including the dates they will be posted

#1 Introduction 13/06/2016
#2 Preparation 14/06/2016
#3 Physical Preparation 15/06/2016
#4 Mental Preparation 16/06/2016
#5 Spiritual Preparation 17/06/2016
#6 Let’s Get Packing! 18/06/2016
#7 When In Makkah 19/06/92016
#8 The Day Before Hajj 20/06/2016
#9 When In Mina 21/06/2016
#10 When In Arafat 22/06/2016
#11 When In Muzdalifah 23/06/2016
#12 At The Jamaraat 24/06/2016
#14 Hajj Mabrook! 26/06/2016
#15 When In Madinah 27/06/2016
#16 Saying Goodbye 28/06/2016
#17 First Ever Hajj Vlog 29/06/2016
 


So are you  ready to begin this epic journey with me?  Well, here we go......


http://love-hijab.com/








SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I am so excited to read you Hajj posts. YAY. I too have performed Hajj, my visit was last year, I am very interested in getting to know others experience. Like you said once you have gone you can't wait to return. Honestly it really does leave an inprint in you, for weeks maybe even months later I would feel emotional just looking at pictures of the Kabba.
    In Sha Allah I am planning to do my own posts of my Hajj experience, but later after Ramadan.

    Love Nasra

    www.twentyfivestars.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Salaam
      Thanks for reading my post and I'm glad to hear you're looking forward to reading more! It's been a a while since I've been but every time I see pictures or videos, especially whilst writing these posts, I want to got even more. Can't wait to read what you have to say about your experience :) x

      Delete

Thank you for your lovely comments. Love, love, love reading them! :)

© Love Hijab Girl

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig