Tuesday, 28 June 2016

My Hajj Experience Series | #16 Saying Goodbye

Saying goodbye is the hardest thing to do but the time has come.  The moment we haven't been waiting for.  I never count the days when I'm here because I don't want to know how many days I have left before I have to leave.  I rarely know what day it is!


One of the things I love about Makkah/Madinah, amongst many, is that everything goes by Salaah times.  If you want to meet someone or if you want to go somewhere it's always after Asr or maybe after Isha.  You hardly ever say after 6 or after 2.  It just goes to show how much you have connected with Allah.

I have always loved coming to Makkah and Madinah.  They are my most favourite places to visit.  Ever since I was little I've always felt like it's home.  I've always said it, 'it feels like home' when I come here.  I feel like I belong that's why saying good bye is never easy.

Knowing that you're going home and as the days get closer you just wish you could turn the clock back and start over so you wouldn't have to leave.  We always go and visit the Kaaba for one last time before we get ready for the drive to Jeddah.

That final visit to the Haram is so so different.  Usually everyone's in their own world and very quiet.  No-one really wants to talk to each other and it's no wonder.  Everyone's feeling the same way.

We go to make our final dua in front of the Kaaba and all you want to do is cling to the Kaaba and not let go.  The time's getting closer to leave and you can't take your eyes off it.  The tears don't stop.  They keep coming.  Big fat tears roll down your cheeks.  Making your vision blurry.  But you don't care.  You just want to hold on.  But you have to go.  As much as you want to stay, you have no choice but to go back.   And as you take one last look at the Kaaba before you stand up to walk out the doors, you keep looking over your shoulder trying to see it again and again.  Desperately trying to hold on to it.  And as it gets smaller and smaller you know that it's time to step out of the door not knowing when you'll be able to make this journey again.  And with a heavy heart you pack your bags ready to leave this amazing place.

Now, it's up to you to make your journey count.  You'll be faced with plenty more challenges at home, but it's up to you to overcome them and continue being the best you can be.  You'll have picked up some great habits like praying your Salaah on time so try to keep it up as best you can.  Things can only get better.

You have some wonderful memories to look back on and tell all your family and friends about too.  I'm sure they will enjoy listening to your tales just as much as you love to relive them as you talk them through all your experiences.  And just as you will be doing that very soon, it's time for me to say good bye to you too.

I have thoroughly enjoyed writing my Hajj Experience Series for you and I really hope you've been able to take something away from my Hajj too.  I've felt like I've been on this journey all over again with all the memories flooding back.  Do remember me in your duas too, if you can.  Ask Allah to send me my invite.  I'm waiting, patiently.

Have a great journey and enjoy every moment of it.  Don't forget to GO WITH THE FLOW.  May Allah swt make it easy for you and accept it from you.  Ameen x

PS I have two more posts coming up for you and it involves a freebie! Who's excited?



http://love-hijab.com/

     
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comments. Love, love, love reading them! :)

© Love Hijab Girl

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig