Monday, 26 December 2016

Reacting to my first ever blog post

I typed out my first ever blog post on 2nd April 2014.  The first proper one after I introduced myself.  Looking back after almost 3 years of blogging I can definitely see a big change.  I didn't really know as much about blogging as I do now and I feel like it really shows in my earlier posts.


There's not much to read in my first post and that shows lack of experience in this field.  It's very basic with hardly any detail whatsoever.  There are a couple of pictures and a handful of sentences to go with them.  I'm being very critical and that's only because of what I know now.  But that didn't mean I couldn't do it.  I had it in me to be a blogger but I just needed to gain more knowledge in the field.  And that's exactly what I did.

Sometimes blogging can feel lonely and you need to be able to reach out to people in the same community as you that can guide you in the right direction.  Talking to other bloggers on twitter and also reading a variety of blogs helped me to be a better writer.  I continued to blog every so often and although I tried, I've never managed to stick to a schedule.  But that's ok, because I'm still blogging! 

The more I wrote, the more I improved and I found that instead of writing like I did at school, I started to type my thoughts as though I was talking to someone.  I liked the fact that I didn't have to stick to any rules and I could just be ME.  Of course, I still had to make sure my spelling, punctuation and grammar were all correct but I didn't have to be so formal in my writing.  You can just let your thoughts spill out and it's a great way to connect with people.

If I were to write out my first post again then I would do it so differently.  And as I'm typing this, I just had a thought.  Maybe my next post should be to re-do my first blog post and I think I might just do that, so keep an eye out for that.

What was your first ever blog post about and would you consider re-writing it for today?





SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comments. Love, love, love reading them! :)

© Love Hijab Girl

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig